Renaissance Wins $210M Contract from BP Azerbaijan
BP Azerbaijan has awarded BUE Caspian, a wholly owned subsidiary of Renaissance Services SAOG, contracts for the provision of three offshore support vessels.
Under the terms of the agreement BUE Caspian will supply two Norwegian built Ulstein UT755L platform supply vessels and one fast crew boat presently under construction by Damen in Holland. The first UT755L, named "Caspian Pride," was acquired by the company earlier this year and will enter service in October 2007, with both other new-build vessels arriving in Baku, Azerbaijan during 2008.
The contracts are for firm periods ranging from three to seven years, with extension options for a further three years. The potential contract value is estimated to be in excess of $210 million, assuming that all of the contract options are exercised. The investment in the new vessels is around $65 million.
BUE Caspian operates a fleet under an alliance agreement with KMNF, a subsidiary of the Azerbaijan state oil company, Socar. The combined Topaz-BUE fleet owned by Renaissance, ranks among the top ten largest offshore support vessel fleets in the world with operations in the Middle East, Caspian and southeast Asian markets.
Renaissance Services SAOG is an international services company listed on the Muscat Security Market, with a primary focus on providing safe, quality, efficient services to the oil and gas industry.
These further contract awards from BP to BUE Caspian underline these credentials.
Operates 33 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
- Owners of Louisiana-Illinois Pipeline Eye Reversal Next Steps (Dec 21)
- Canadian Offshore Oil Interest Grows As Pipeline Woes Sink Alberta Prices (Dec 20)
Company: SOCAR more info
- BP, Azerbaijan's SOCAR To Sign Caspian Sea Exploration Deal In 2017 (Oct 12)
- Azerbaijan's SOCAR To Boost Its Share In New Deal With BP On Oil Fields (Sep 08)
- Azerbaijan's SOCAR Sees H2 2016 Net Profit At $298 MM (Jan 17)
Company: Renaissance Services SAOG more info
- Renaissance to Operate 7 Vessels Offshore Turkmenistan (Oct 26)
- Renaissance Services Gains 7.6% Revenue Increase (Aug 12)
- Topaz Wins 10-Year Contract to Support Kashagan Devt Program (Jun 01)