Grenland Wins Contract to Modify Oseberg Field Center
Grenland Group has been awarded an EPCI contract to modify the Oseberg Field Center so that it can operate at a lower production pressure. The operator of the Oseberg field is Norsk Hydro with partners.
The contract work, comprising engineering, procurement, fabrication and offshore installation, will extend over 2 ½ years, and the value of the contract is in excess of NOK 600 millions. Work with the contract will start immediately with engineering and procurement activities. The onshore organization will peak at 100 persons.
This contract will positively contribute to the development of the Grenland Group. Several of the group's units will participate in the contract work; engineering and material procurement from Sandefjord, Harstad, Oslo and Stavanger; fabrication from the construction yard at Skudeneshavn. The offshore construction unit in Stavanger will do all installation work on the platforms in the North Sea.
President and CEO of Grenland Group ASA, Hallgeir Skogen, is pleased with winning the contract and with the trust deposited in Grenland Group by Norsk Hydro when awarding. He points out that the contract is strategically important for Grenland Group. A new and efficient organization was presented as per second quarter this year making the industrial group well positioned for the large modification market in the North Sea.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Sentry Petroleum Appoints Former Norsk Hydro Analyst to Board of Directors (Dec 29)
- Hydro Under Investigation for Former Libya Oil Operations (Oct 07)
- SeaBird First Contract Award for SeaBed Operations (Apr 28)
Company: Grenland Group more info
- Grenland Enters Engineering Agreement with Samsung for Valemon Platform (May 19)
- Grenland Receives LOIs from FMC (Mar 15)
- Grenland Lands FEED Contract for Gullfaks B (Feb 17)