Hydro Signs New Deal for UK Heavy Oil Exploration
Hydro has reached an agreement with Silverstone Energy Limited and Wilderness Energy UK Limited for close cooperation on the licenses P-1207, P-1282 and P-1496 in Quadrant 9 on the UK continental shelf.
According to the agreement, Hydro will fund further exploration program in exchange for up to 50 % equity in these licenses, as well as having the option to take over the operatorship. A discovery of heavy oil was made in 1991, but further appraisal of the prospect is necessary to evaluate the commerciality.
If viable reserves are confirmed, these licenses close to the Mariner and Bressay fields, recently acquired from Chevron, could become part of a development plan for the area. Hydro’s experience from the heavy oil fields Grane in the North Sea and Peregrino offshore Brazil will be valuable in search of viable solutions for a development plan.
‘’By adding this cooperation to the acquisition of Mariner and Bressay, we have now an important heavy oil portfolio on the UK continental shelf for which I am very pleased. It also confirms our ambition to create a hub in this area with multiple tie-ins,’’ says Torgeir Kydland, head of International Business Development in Hydro's Oil & Energy business area.
Silverstone and Wilderness each hold 50 % in the licenses today.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Sentry Petroleum Appoints Former Norsk Hydro Analyst to Board of Directors (Dec 29)
- Hydro Under Investigation for Former Libya Oil Operations (Oct 07)
- SeaBird First Contract Award for SeaBed Operations (Apr 28)
Company: Chevron Corporation more info
- Oil Producers Want New Hearing on Impact of Magellan Proposal (Jan 17)
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
- Angola LNG Production Setback Prompts Tender Cancellation (Jan 08)
Company: Silverstone Energy more info
- Silverstone, Bridge Merge into Bridge Energy ASA (Apr 08)
- CSL to Decommission Tristan North West in UK North Sea (Jan 12)
- Silverstone Abandons UKCS Well But Upbeat on Adjoining Vulcan Prospects (Apr 09)