Petrobras Makes Ultra-Deepwater Discovery in the Xerelete Field
Petrobras has declared the oil field denominated Xerelete, located in the southern portion of the Campos Basin, in the State of Rio de Janeiro, commercial to the National Petroleum Agency (NPA). This new field is located partially in the old BC-2 and partially in the BM-C-14, some 155 km Southeast of the city of Cabo Frio and 42 km East of the Papa Terra field.
Preliminary geological studies indicate the accumulation's total area may extend more than 26 km², holding an estimated in-place volume of some 1.4 billion barrels of oil equivalent. Additional studies are being carried out to define this new field's production development project.
The Xerelete discoverer well, the 1-EPB-1-RJS, drilled at a water depth of 2,483 meters, reached sandy 17.5° API oil-bearing reservoirs at a depth of 3,478 meters. This accumulation's productivity was confirmed via delimitation well 3-RJS-648 (3-BRSA-481-RJS), where flows of up to 2500 barrels of oil per day were registered. A new world water depth record (2,460 m) was set at this well with the use of the Submerged Submarine Centrifugal Pump.
This accumulation was discovered in an area operated by Petrobras, in partnership with Total and Devon.
Operates 34 Offshore Rigs
Manages 10 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, Petrobras Form Alliance To Develop Oil, Gas Projects (Dec 14)
- Natural Gas In Petrobras Pipelines Up About 23% In 2017 (Dec 05)
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
Company: Total S.A. more info
- Total Starts Up Antwerp Refinery And Petrochem Complex After Upgrade (Nov 30)
- Hoegh LNG: Pakistan LNG Import Project Consortium Folds (Nov 16)
- France's Total Buys Engie's LNG Business For $1.5B (Nov 08)
Company: Devon Energy more info
- US Shale Producers Promise both Higher Output and Returns (Nov 03)
- Devon Energy 3Q Profit Beats Estimates (Oct 31)
- Shale Drillers Show Few Signs of Slowing as Profits Expand (Aug 02)