Yantai Raffles Awards 5th Semisub Option to Awilco
Awilco Offshore has been awarded an option to build a possible fifth semisubmersible drilling rig at Yantai Raffles Shipyard. The option can be exercised until end December 2008, and would have a building period of 33 months from exercise.
The additional option has been awarded AWO as part of an agreement with the yard to reschedule the delivery of the first rig, WilPioneer with three months to October 2008. AWO announced in the second quarter report that such a three months longer building period was expected.
Awilco Offshore has invested in eight jackups (of which five are under construction), three semisubms under construction and two accommodation
units in operation. The company also holds options for the construction of two semisubmersible drilling rigs.
- Newbuild COSLProspector Semisub Commences Sea Trial Offshore China (Oct 09)
- Aker Solutions Scores Jackup Drilling Equipment Contract (Apr 16)
- China's First Deepwater Semi Delivered (Nov 16)
Company: Awilco AS more info
- RCP Signs Supply Contract with Awilco Drilling (May 15)
- Awilco Inks LOI with Suncor Energy (May 03)
- AGR Lands North Sea Drilling Contract with Awilco (Feb 04)