MARACC Awards Topside Contracts for Newbuild Intervention Rig
Marine Accurate Well ASA (MARACC) has awarded a contract to National Oilwell Norway AS for the supply of the Topside System for the new semisubmersible intervention rig under construction at the Cosco Zhoushan shipyard in China.
The contract value is just over US $100 million and the deliveries will be completed early in 2010.
The system will enable an effective approach to heavy well intervention including drilling of short side-track (TTRD) operations.
Maracc has also awarded a contract to NYMO in Grimstad for the supply of the topside module including mud module. The contract value is close to 300 million NOK and shall be completed Q2 2010.
- National Oilwell Sees 'Isolated Green Shoots of Activity' (Jul 28)
- Oilfield Cannibals: To Save Cash, US Drillers Strip Idle Rigs (Oct 07)
- National Oilwell Sees Falling Demand For Deepwater Rigs (Jul 29)
Company: Marine Accurate Well ASA (Maracc) more info
- MARACC Awards Topside Contracts for Newbuild Intervention Rig (Sep 06)
- Marine Accurate Well ASA Names New Board and CEO (Jul 10)
- Marine Accurate Well ASA Completes Bond Issue (Jul 10)