Aker Kvaerner Wins Work in Cuu Long Basin
Aker Kvaerner has been awarded a five year contract by Cuu Long Joint Operating Company (CLJOC) for the supply and installation of surface wellheads and valve trees in the Vietnamese Cuu Long Basin. The contract, valued at approximately NOK 300 million, is by far the largest for surface business in Vietnam.
Aker Kvaerner's business area Subsea will supply the wellhead and control tree system as well as associated components. The equipment will be used to support the new Sutu Vang (Golden Lion) and Sutu Den (Black Lion) fields of the Cuu Long Basin.
"This award represents an important stepping stone for Aker Kvaerner as we further develop our surface business stream in Vietnam," says Dave Hutchinson, vice president for surface products and services in Aker Kvaerner Subsea. "It is in line with our strategy of becoming the leading supplier of surface wellheads and trees in the Asia - Pacific region."
With the rapid development of multiple industries, Vietnam is facing an energy shortage. Jointly operated by PetroVietnam, Conoco Phillips, KNOC and GEO Petrol, CLJOC is special purpose venture created to develop and operate Block 15-1 offshore Vietnam.
"Performance at Cuu Long is critical to ensure we meet the future energy demands of Vietnam," explained Philip Webb, Deputy General Manager of CLJOC. "We are committed to this project and to providing energy for our people's future."
Project management and manufacturing will be performed at Aker Kvaerner's subsea facility in Batam, Indonesia.
- Kvaerner Sees Rising Revenues, Better Margins in 4Q (Feb 14)
- Reliance Fires Up Gas Production from India's KG-D6 Block (Apr 02)
- Sonardyne Snags Life-of-Field Contract for Petrobras' Cascade, Chinook (Feb 18)
Company: Cuu Long Joint Operation Company more info
- PTSC M&C Inks EPCI Contract for Su Tu Vang South West Project Off Vietnam (Jun 25)
- PTSC M&C Clinches EPCIC Contract for Su Tu Nau Project in Block 15-1 (Dec 10)
- Vietnam Cuu Long JOC Turns on Taps Offshore Vietnam (Aug 18)