Shell & PetroChina Sign Gorgon LNG Supply Deal
Shell Eastern LNG and PetroChina International Company Limited have concluded a binding Heads of Agreement (HOA) for the long-term supply of liquefied natural gas (LNG) with the primary source being the Gorgon project in Western Australia. The HoA constitutes a milestone in the development of LNG supplies to China.
The HOA covers the key terms of the transaction and provides that Shell and PetroChina will work together to conclude and execute a detailed LNG Sale and Purchase Agreement before December 2008. During the 20-year contract term, Shell will sell one million tonnes per annum of LNG to PetroChina. The Shell-PetroChina agreement is conditional upon a Final Investment Decision being taken by the Gorgon Joint Venture Partners.
Documents recognizing this agreement were signed by Jon Chadwick, Executive Vice President - Shell Gas & Power Asia and Sun Longde, Vice President of PetroChina. Present at the signing ceremony were Western Australia Premier Alan Carpenter and Chairman of China's National Development and Reform Commission, Ma Kai.
"Shell is delighted to have secured this strategic agreement with PetroChina, which sets a new benchmark for LNG supplies into China and underlines Shell's commitment to Chinese LNG customers and to the Gorgon project" said Chadwick.
The successful conclusion of the HOA is a significant milestone in cooperation between Shell and PetroChina and highlights Shell's contribution to assist PetroChina in providing clean energy supplies to China.
Operates 30 Offshore Rigs
- UK Firm Intertek Says Employee Involved in Shell Oil Theft Case (Jan 17)
- Shell Looks Beyond Road Fuels to Secure Future of Refining (Nov 06)
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
Company: PetroChina more info
- Sources: PetroChina To Take On Global Rivals In Major Expansion Drive (Dec 18)
- Media: Three Dead After Suspected Gas Leak At PetroChina Refinery (Nov 20)
- PetroChina, Beijing Firm Doubling LNG Storage in Caofeidian as Demand Rises (Nov 06)