Total Makes Significant Gas Condensate Discovery West of Shetland
Total has made a significant new gas condensate discovery in block 205/5a in approximately 610 meters of water, some 100 kilometers North West of the Sullom Voe Terminal on the Shetland Islands. Total, with a 47.5% interest, is the operator of this block awarded end 2004, alongside partners Eni UK Limited (22.5%), DONG E&P (UK) Limited (20.0%) and Chevron North Sea Limited (10.0%).
The Tormore discovery well 205/5a-1 was drilled to a total depth of 3936 meters and tested at 32 million cubic feet per day of gas with a condensate gas ratio of 75 barrels per million cubic foot.
This discovery lies 15 kilometers south west of the Total-operated Laggan discovery, which was successfully appraised in 2004.
"The reserves related to this discovery will be evaluated over the coming months and strengthen the gas potential of the area near the Lagan discovery in the West of Shetlands. This success illustrates Total's commitment to contribute to the development of United Kingdom's oil and gas resources", declares Yves-Louis Darricarrere, Total's President Exploration and Production.
Recent discoveries lifted the Group's proved and probable reserves in the UK to over 1 billion barrels of oil equivalent end of 2006.
Total E&P UK Limited is one of the leading oil and gas producers on the UK Continental Shelf, with equity production of 280,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day in 2006. Based in Aberdeen, Scotland, the company owns and operates a cluster of fields in the Alwyn Area of the northern North Sea, the Elgin and Franklin fields in the Central North Sea and the Otter field northeast of Shetland. The Company also operates the St. Fergus gas terminal and a gas transportation system, and has interests in a number of non-operated fields.
- European Oil Majors Seek To Harness US Offshore Wind (Aug 01)
- Billionaire Ratcliffe Hunts Oil to Repeat Chemicals Empire Build (May 24)
- NPD Grants Consent for the Expansion of Nyhamna Gas Plant (Feb 10)
Company: Total S.A. more info
- Total Starts Up Antwerp Refinery And Petrochem Complex After Upgrade (Nov 30)
- Hoegh LNG: Pakistan LNG Import Project Consortium Folds (Nov 16)
- France's Total Buys Engie's LNG Business For $1.5B (Nov 08)
Company: Chevron Corporation more info
- CB&I, Chevron Lummus Global, Saudi Aramco Launch 'Crude-to-Chemical' JV (Jan 18)
- Oil Producers Want New Hearing on Impact of Magellan Proposal (Jan 17)
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
Company: ENI more info
Operates 11 Offshore Rigs
- BSEE: Italy's Eni Begins Drilling Oil Well In Alaska's Beaufort Sea (Dec 27)
- Eni 'Mission Impossible' Points to Seismic Shift for Big Oil (Dec 22)
- Sanction-Proof Oil Rig Beats US Policy From Cuba to Russia (Dec 19)