Technip Lands Petrobras Triple
Technip has been awarded by Petrobras three major contracts, totaling approximately US $270 million, for pipelines intended for deepwater development projects in Brazil:
The first contract covers engineering, procurement, installation and commissioning (EPIC) of a rigid flowline that will connect the Canapu field, located in the Espirito Santos Basin at a water depth of 1,700m, to the Cidade de Vitoria FPSO anchored in 1,400m of water. This 21km-long flowline will be the first application of pipe-in-pipe technology for subsea transportation of gas in Brazil. The Deep Blue, Technip's deepwater pipelay vessel, will install the flowline during the fourth quarter of 2008.
The second contract comprises engineering and procurement of 37km of 4'' and 6'' flexible flowlines for the Mexilhao field, in the Santos Basin. The 6'' flowlines have been specially designed to cope with extreme temperature and pressure of the carried fluids.
The third contract includes engineering and procurement of four large diameter flexible risers(4) for the PDET export system that will be installed at a water depth of 1,300m, in the Campos Basin. This contract is a new example of the opportunity offered by flexible pipe technology for advanced riser systems in deep waters.
Technip's operations and engineering center in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil will execute these contracts. The flexible pipes will be manufactured by Flexibras, one of the Group's flexible pipe plants located in Vitoria, Brazil.
Operates 34 Offshore Rigs
Manages 10 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, Petrobras Form Alliance To Develop Oil, Gas Projects (Dec 14)
- Natural Gas In Petrobras Pipelines Up About 23% In 2017 (Dec 05)
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
Company: Technip more info
- Sasol Plans More Hiring for Louisiana Project (Oct 12)
- Bapco To Meet Technip-Led Consortium For Talks On Refinery Expansion (Aug 22)
- Fluor Wins Malaysia Isononanol Plant Contract (Aug 07)