GEMS Awards SCAN Geophysical a 2D Survey Offshore Sri Lanka
SCAN Geophysical ASA has been awarded a contract from GEMS International N.V. (GEMS) for a 2D survey offshore Sri Lanka.
GEMS, a Belgian and UK-based company specializing in EEZ (exclusive economic zone) and UNCLOS (United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea) studies is conducting the survey on behalf of the government of Sri Lanka (DEOCOM) as part of its outer continental shelf delimiting study.
SCAN's M/V Geo Searcher using a 6,000m streamer and a 4,200 cu. ins. source array is acquiring the approximate two month survey scheduled to complete in September 2007.
"We are pleased to continue our work with GEMS in this region," said Stephane Touche, vice president and COO of SCAN. "Having done UNCLOS work of this special nature in the past year, we expect to
achieve good quality and productivity," he emphasized.
- SCAN Kicks Off 3D Seismic Operations in South America (Jun 18)
- Gold Oil Concludes 2D Seismic on Peruvian Offshore Block Z34 (May 22)
- Gold Oil Taps SCAN for Seismic Acquisition Offshore Peru (Apr 20)
Company: GEMS International N.V. more info
- GEMS, A+D Enter Technical Partnership (Sep 01)
- Scan Completes Sri Lankan 3D Survey (Oct 05)
- GEMS Awards SCAN Geophysical a 2D Survey Offshore Sri Lanka (Sep 03)