Sea of Solutions to Design Pipelay Vessel for Global Industries
Global Industries has awarded Keppel Singmarine the construction contract for its new pipelay / heavy lift vessel Global 1200. It is the third new build vessel contracted in 2007 to be designed by the innovative Dutch design company Sea of Solutions (SoS), partner in the Offshore Ship Designers Group. The previous two major vessels designed by SoS contracted this year were a 5,000 tonne heavy-lift vessel for Nordic Heavy Lift and a pipelay/heavy lift vessel for Larsen & Toubro. Sea of Solutions was responsible for both concept and basic design of all three vessels.
Scheduled to enter service in April 2010, the dynamically-positioned Global 1200 is a combination derrick/pipelay vessel with 1,200 tonne lifting capacity, 60–inch pipe laying capacity, and 400 tonne deep water lowering system capacity.
The Global 1200 is a customized version of the Sea of Solutions’ SOC 600 design and will be able to pass through the Panama and Suez canals. The design incorporates an AmClyde single post crane on the aft and a centre firing line on the freeboard deck, the latter being a distinctive feature of most Sea of Solutions pipelay designs. For this project Sea of Solutions teamed with Vuyk Engineering, one of its engineering partners.
- Global Industries Scores 'Who Dat' Project Development in GOM (Mar 23)
- Global Industries Secures Multiple McMoRan Decommissioning Projects in GOM (Mar 07)
- Pemex Awards $125MM for Pipeline Work in GOM (Jun 01)
Company: Sea of Solutions more info
- Aban Abraham Drillship Completes Sea Trials after Upgrades (Oct 06)
- Ulstein Sea of Solutions Wins Industrial Marketing Award (Mar 20)
- The Ulstein Group to Take Majority Stake in Sea of Solutions (Oct 19)