Ezra to be Singapore's First Company to List on the Oslo Stock Exchange
Ezra Holdings Limited has received "in-principle approval" to list its production and construction arm EOC Limited on the Main Board of the Oslo Bors, the first Singapore company to do so. Ezra's 88%-owned EOC is presently trading on the OTC of the Oslo Stock Exchange.
Said Ezra's Managing Director Lionel Lee: "The market for offshore construction and production support vessels is on an upswing and we want to expand our fleet and build up our range of service capabilities to take advantage of the rising wave of opportunities. The listing will help to further unlock Ezra's value and also enables EOC to accelerate its expansion plans. EOC's European listing is also strategic for the Group as it enhances our overall position in the North Sea, South America and West Africa markets."
"In line with our asset-light strategy, we intend to reduce Ezra's stake in EOC to below 50%. We are exploring various options of this exercise which include paying dividends in specie to our shareholders and the issue of new shares," added Mr. Lee.
EOC specializes in providing offshore fabrication, commissioning and transportation services to the oil & gas sector. It currently manages two heavy lift accommodation crane barges and recently took delivery of the Lewek Champion, a pipe-lay and accommodation vessel.
EOC's admission to the Main Board is subject to the following conditions:
- the number of holders of one round lot or more of the company's shares must meet the requirements set out in Section 2.4.2 of the Oslo Stock Exchange Listing Rules;
- at least 25% of the shares to be admitted to listing must be held by the general public;
- an approved prospectus must be published;
- the composition of EOC's board of directors, prior to its first day of listing, must be in accordance with the Norwegian Code of Practice for Corporate Governance; and
- EOC is to enter into a listing agreement for primary listed companies.
Ezra currently manages 25 vessels – 14 AHTS, four AHTs, three crewboats, two heavy
lift accommodation crane barges, one heavy lift accommodation pipe-lay vessel and a
deck cargo barge - and is expecting delivery of 10 more vessels by 2009. The Group
also holds investment stakes in jackup rigs, and has strong operating and offshore
marine logistics synergies with SGX-listed Ezion Holdings Limited (formerly: Nylect
Technology Limited), in which it recently took a 18.2% strategic stake.
- Singapore Banks' Sour Loans In Focus As Oil Service Sector Stresses (Feb 10)
- Japan's NYK Completes Acquisition of 25% Stake in EMAS CHIYODA Subsea (Sep 30)
- Asia Oil, Gas Layoffs Mount as Industry Recovery Stays Elusive (Sep 08)