Lundin Receives NPD Approval to Drill Wildcat Well
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate (NPD) has granted Lundin Norway AS a permit to drill well 16/1-8. The well will be drilled using the Bredford Dolphin once it compeltes well 24/9-8 for DNO.
The well is located in production license 338 which was aparded in APA in 2004. This is the first well to be drilled in this license.
Lundin is the operator, with a 50% participating interest, while the other licensees are Revus and RWE-DEA with 30 and 20 percent, respectively. The area in this license consists of the southeastern part of block 16/1. Well 16/1-8 is located about 15 kilometers east of the discovery 15/3-1 S Gudrun and about 30 kilometers northeast of the discovery 15/6-9 S Ermintrude in the North Sea.
The permit is contingent upon the operator securing all other permits and consents required by other authorities before the drilling activity commences.
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)
Company: Lundin Petroleum AB more info
Operates 2 Offshore Rigs
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
- Lundin Board Proposes Malaysia, France, Netherlands Asset Spin Off (Feb 13)
- Swedish Oil Firm Lundin Sees Output More Than Doubling Next Decade (Feb 01)