ANH Pre-qualifies Companies for Ronda Caribe
Colombia's state hydrocarbons regulator ANH has distributed a list of pre-qualified operators for the upcoming Ronda Caribe round for 13 E&P blocks in northern Colombia, according to ANH documents obtained by BNamericas.
ANH pre-approved the following as operators: Colombia's state oil company Ecopetrol; US oil major Chevron (NYSE: CVX); and Japanese oil company Teikoku.
Companies still in the process of pre-qualification include the following: Brazil's Petrobras (NYSE: PBR); BP Colombia (NYSE: BP); Repsol YPF (NYSE: REP); India's ONGC Videsh; Anglo-Australian resources group BHP Billiton (NYSE: BHP); Hess Corporation; Pacific Stratus' subsidiary SEEP (TSX: PSE); and PetroFalcon subsidiary Vinccler Oil & Gas (TSX: PFC).
Bidders that want to operate blocks must produce at least 5,000boe/d.
"I assume the larger companies like BP and Petrobras will want to qualify as operators, but the smaller ones will be happy to partner with one of the larger companies that will operate," said one source familiar with the qualification process.
The blocks, located in the Uraba, Sinu and La Guajira basins, cover 290,000ha.
Offers will be received until September 18 and contracts will be awarded during the first week of October.
Visit BNamericas to access our real-time news reports, 10-year archive, Fact File company database, and latest research reports. Click here for a Free two week trial to our Latin America Oil & Gas information service.
Operates 34 Offshore Rigs
Manages 10 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, Petrobras Form Alliance To Develop Oil, Gas Projects (Dec 14)
- Natural Gas In Petrobras Pipelines Up About 23% In 2017 (Dec 05)
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
Company: Repsol more info
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
- Repsol Says Drilling Suspended On Vietnam Oil Block Disputed By China (Aug 02)
- China Urges Halt To Oil Drilling In Disputed South China Sea (Jul 25)
Company: Vinccler Oil and Gas more info
- ANH Pre-qualifies Companies for Ronda Caribe (Aug 28)
- PetroCumarebo Eyes 2,500b/d, 566,000m3/d by Year-End (May 24)
- Vinccler in Talks to Secure La Vela License (May 24)
Company: ANH more info
- Colombian ANH's 'Open Round' Roadshow Visits Houston (Feb 04)
- Ecopetrol Hits Hydrocarbons at Tempranillo North-1 (Jan 29)
- Colombia's ANH 'Open Round' Arrives in Calgary (Jan 27)