Cal Dive Re-files Hart-Scott-Rodino Merger Notification
Cal Dive International says that in connection with its proposed acquisition of Horizon Offshore, Inc. (Nasdaq: HOFF - News), Cal Dive voluntarily withdrew its filing with the Federal Trade Commission and the Department of Justice (DOJ) under the Hart-Scott-Rodino Act in order to provide the DOJ additional time to review the transaction. Cal Dive plans to re-file its notification on August 29, 2007, which will extend the waiting period until September 28, 2007 unless the waiting period is terminated earlier or the DOJ extends the period by requesting additional information. Both parties intend to continue to work cooperatively with the DOJ to avoid further extension of the waiting period.
Cal Dive International, Inc., headquartered in Houston, Texas, is a marine contractor that provides manned diving, pipelay and pipe burial services to the offshore oil and gas industry on the Gulf of Mexico Outer Continental Shelf, the Middle East, Southeast Asia and Australia, with a fleet of 26 vessels, including 23 surface and saturation diving support vessels as well as three shallow water pipelay vessels.
- American Eagle Energy Seeks Bankruptcy After Oil Price Drop (May 11)
- Cal Dive Sells GOM Surface Diving Fleet (Jun 04)
- Cal Dive Makes a Big Splash with Pemex Contract (May 15)
Company: Horizon Offshore, Inc. more info
- Cal Dive Announces Two New Directors (Dec 19)
- Helix to Release Formal 2008 Earnings Late-February (Dec 13)
- Cal Dive Completes Purchase of Horizon (Dec 11)