Verenex Energy Spuds Orca-1
Verenex Energy and its joint venture participants, Vermilion Energy Trust and Bordeaux Energy Inc., report that the Orca 1 exploration well on the Aquitaine Maritime Permit in the Bay of Biscay, offshore France, commenced drilling on August 26, 2007.
The Orca 1 well is planned to be drilled to a depth of 2,600 meters below mean sea level and is targeting the largest of six structures identified within the Permit on new 3D seismic shot in 2005.
Verenex is a Canada-based, international oil and gas exploration and production company with a world-class exploration portfolio in the Ghadames Basin in Libya and the Bay of Biscay offshore France.
- Vermilion Energy Enters Farm-in Agreement in Germany (Jul 28)
- Parkmead Finds New Gas Field in Netherlands (Sep 24)
- Northern Petroleum Sells Dutch Assets (Oct 01)
Company: Verenex Energy more info
- Marathon Struggles to Exit Libya as Unrest Grows (Oct 25)
- Verenex Completes Arrangement with Libyan Investment Authority (Dec 21)
- Verenex Updates on Acquisition Status (Dec 15)