Technip Awarded Contract for Malaysia's Cili Padi Gas Field Development
Technip (Paris:TEC; ISIN:FR0000131708) has been awarded a contract for the Cili Padi gas field development by Shell Oil and Gas Malaysia LLC. Shell, a production sharing contract (PSC) contractor to PETRONAS, is the operator for the field, with PETRONAS Carigali Sdn Bhd and Nippon Oil as partners.
The Cili Padi field is located 153km offshore Bintulu (Malaysia), at a water depth of 91m.
Technip's operations and engineering center in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia) will execute the contract.
This contract covers conceptual and detailed design engineering for:
-Topsides(1) and substructure for a new unmanned satellite drilling riser(2) platform;
-Topsides, substructure and bridge for another new riser platform, which will be bridge-linked to the existing F23 gas production platform;
-Modification of the topsides of the F23 platform for the tie-in of the two new platforms;
-A new 30km pipeline including a subsea T-piece for the tie-in of the Selasih field, and
-A new electrical power generation and distribution system.
The project is scheduled to be completed in the second quarter 2008.
- Topsides: surface installations allowing the drilling and/or production and/or processing of offshore hydrocarbons.
- Riser: a pipe or assembly of pipes used to transfer produced fluids from the seabed to surface facilities, and transfer injection or control fluids from the surface facilities to the seabed.
With a workforce of 22,000 people, Technip ranks among the top five corporations in the field of oil, gas and petrochemical engineering, construction and services. The Group is headquartered in Paris.
The Group's main operations and engineering centers and business units are located in France, Italy, Germany, the UK, Norway, Finland, the Netherlands, the USA, Brazil, Abu-Dhabi, China, India, Malaysia and Australia.
In support of its activities, the Group manufactures flexible pipes and umbilicals, and builds offshore platforms in its manufacturing plants and fabrication yards in France, Brazil, the UK, the USA, Finland and Angola, and has a fleet of specialized vessels for pipeline installation and subsea construction.
- Sasol Plans More Hiring for Louisiana Project (Oct 12)
- Bapco To Meet Technip-Led Consortium For Talks On Refinery Expansion (Aug 22)
- Fluor Wins Malaysia Isononanol Plant Contract (Aug 07)