Horizon Offshore Announces Receipt of Letter of Award of Major Pipeline
Horizon Offshore says that its subsidiary, Horizon Marine Construction (Mauritius), Ltd., has received a letter of award from Hindustan Oil Exploration Company Limited for the supply, transportation and installation of an offshore wellhead, platform, topside and subsea pipeline. The project calls for the transportation and installation of a four-pile jacket and deck, and installation of 57 kilometers (approximately 34 miles) of 14`` outside diameter gas transportation pipeline. The pipeline will begin at a landfall point 200 kilometers south of Chennai along the East Coast of India and end at the PY-1 field located in the northern offshore portion of the Cauvery Basin. Horizon will use its combination derrick and pipelay barge the Sea Horizon to perform the work. Project planning and preparation, including procurement of long lead items, will begin in the fourth quarter of 2007, with offshore construction expected to begin in January 2009.
"This major project off the East Coast of India confirms our commitment to expansion in the region. This marks our entry into the Indian market, and we look forward to continued participation in this growing market,'' said David W. Sharp, President and Chief Executive Officer of Horizon.
- Cal Dive Announces Two New Directors (Dec 19)
- Helix to Release Formal 2008 Earnings Late-February (Dec 13)
- Cal Dive Completes Purchase of Horizon (Dec 11)
Company: Horizon Marine more info
- Horizon Offshore Announces Receipt of Letter of Award of Major Pipeline (Aug 23)
- ImpactWeather, Horizon Marine Continue to Support Atlantis Installation (Oct 30)
- Horizon Marine Supports Rig Tow to Macae, Brazil (Oct 11)