Baker Hughes Drilling Fluids Introduces the TERRA-MAX System
Baker Hughes Drilling Fluids has introduced the TERRA-MAX System, its revolutionary new customizable, high-performance water-based mud designed specifically to deliver improved drilling and environmental performance in a low salinity environment. Combining state-of-the-art drilling fluid technologies, the TERRA-MAX system delivers total inhibition of formations encountered onshore and on inland water drilling applications.
The TERRA-MAX system is designed to address specific drilling objectives with improved performance compared to conventional water base mud systems. As a water-based fluid, the TERRA-MAX system presents no associated environmental liability issues, no waste management problems, and minimal lost circulation impact.
In field performance, the TERRA-MAX system has provided superior drilling performance compared to earlier water-based mud systems and has delivered significant economic value to drilling operations in one or all of the following areas:
- excellent wellbore stability
- superior clay inhibition
- enhanced rates of penetration
- reduced torque and drag
- reduced environmental impact, dilution rates, and disposal costs
- significant rig time savings
- significant reduction in overall project cost
All components of the TERRA-MAX system have undergone rigorous toxicological and biodegradation tests to ensure compliance with environmental onshore regulations including land farming.
- Baker Hughes: US Drillers Add The Most Oil Rigs In A Week Since June (Nov 10)
- US Oil Service Firms Face Hit from Venezuela Debt Restructuring (Nov 06)
- Baker Hughes: US Oil Rig Count Falls by Most in Week Since May 2016 (Nov 03)