Seadrill Confirms Contract for West Aquarius
Reference is made to the Letter of Intent disclosed to the Oslo Stock Exchange July 10, 2007 regarding the assignment awarded to the ultra deepwater semi-submersible drilling unit West Aquarius. Seadrill confirms that the operator ExxonMobil has signed the award for the long-term contract to utilize West Aquarius for international exploration activities.
The contract has a firm duration of three years and estimated contract value is approximately US $570 million.
West Aquarius is currently under construction at Daewoo Shipbuilding and Marine Engineering (DSME) in South Korea and is scheduled for commencement of operations at the end of the third quarter of 2008.
Operates 16 Offshore Rigs
- ExxonMobil Reports Papua New Guinea Discovery (Jan 16)
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
- ExxonMobil Reports More Offshore Guyana Success (Jan 05)
Company: Seadrill Ltd more info
- Norway's Seadrill Gets Two Rival Debt Restructuring Proposals (Oct 23)
- Seadrill's Debt Overhaul Faces Creditor Scrutiny (Oct 02)
- Seadrill Files for Bankruptcy in Bid to Shrink Debt Burden (Sep 13)