Global Industries to Install Pipelines Offshore Vietnam, Thailand
Global Industries, Ltd. said that its wholly owned subsidiary Global Industries Asia Pacific Pte. Ltd. has signed a contract with Japan Vietnam Petroleum Limited (JVPC), to install pipelines for The Rang Dong and Phoung Dong Field Development Projects, located approximately 135 km (84 miles) southeast of Vung Tao, Socialist Republic of Vietnam.
The Rang Dong and Phoung Dong Field Development Projects, valued at approximately US$17 million, includes project planning, transportation and installation of four pipelines, 6" to 12" diameter with total length of 37.8 km (23.5 miles). The offshore installation is scheduled for the second quarter of 2008.
In addition, GIL Mauritius Holdings Ltd. will be providing Saipem underwater saturation diving services to support the repair of PTTEP's 42" gas transmission trunk line in the Gulf of Thailand. The project which starts shortly is valued at approximately $10 million.
B.K. Chin, Global's Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, stated: "We value the confidence that Japan Vietnam Petroleum Limited has shown in Global by awarding us this important installation project. In addition, the repair of PTTEP's 42" pipeline is a significant step towards our strategy to grow our underwater and diving services to third parties. As this area of the world increases its oil and gas production, the need for quality solutions for moving the end product to shore continues to grow. With more than 70% of Global's revenues coming from outside the US market, we are increasing our presence in this very important market, and these partnerships are an important milestone toward that end."
Global Industries provides offshore construction, engineering, project management and support services including pipeline construction, SURF installations, platform installation and removal and diving to the oil and gas industry around the world.
- Global Industries Scores 'Who Dat' Project Development in GOM (Mar 23)
- Global Industries Secures Multiple McMoRan Decommissioning Projects in GOM (Mar 07)
- Pemex Awards $125MM for Pipeline Work in GOM (Jun 01)
Company: PTTEP more info
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Ecuador to Offer Oil Blocks Under New Bidding Terms in Jan (Oct 06)
- ExxonMobil Says Will Drop Discussions Over Indonesia's East Natuna (Jul 18)
- Hydrocarbons Encountered at Te Giac Trang Field Offshore Vietnam (Dec 20)
Company: JVPC more info
- Fairmount Marine Tows Naga 3 Jackup to Block 15-2 Offshore Vietnam (May 28)
- Fairmount Marine Tows Naga 3 to Vung Tau, Vietnam to Prepare for JVPC's Job (May 02)
- PV Drilling to Supply Oil Rig to Japan Vietnam Petroleum (Nov 27)