Operators Abandoned Lytham Well
Gulf Shores Resources has agreed with the operators' proposal to plug and abandon the 41/10a-2Z after the well encountered sub-economic gas reserves. The Lytham prospect is located in block 41/10a, production license P1129, located in the southern sector of the United Kingdom Continental Shelf. Gulf Shores participated for a 15% paying interest to retain a 10% interest in production license P1129.
Partners are Lundin Petroleum (operator), Challenger Minerals (North Sea) Limited, Palace Exploration Company (E&P) Limited and Britcana Energy Ltd. with Monarch Energy Limited and Eternal Energy Limited.
As previously announced, Gulf Shores Resources Ltd. has exercised its option to earn a 10% interest in the 72.5 square kilometer (approximately 18,000 acre) Ridgewood project located in Block 17 b in Quad 12 in the North Sea by paying 15% of the cost of the first well. The proposed location is 35 kilometers northeast of the 170 million barrel Beatrice field and nine kilometers from the nearest proven Jurassic oil accumulation. Seismic coverage shows a structure containing two potential hydrocarbon bearing zones in the Jurassic. Lundin Petroleum AB is the operator and has contracted the Global SantaFe Galaxy II jack up rig to drill this project in October 2007.
Also as previously announced, Gulf Shores Resources Ltd. is paying 20% of the cost of acquiring new 3-D seismic and 13.33% of the cost of drilling a test well to earn a 10% interest in a 422 square kilometer (approximately 104,000 acre) block located in Quad 30 in the North Sea. Recently acquired seismic indicates the block contains several Jurassic and Permian plays. A well drilled into one of the Jurassic plays logged oil but the well was abandoned due to insufficient zone thickness. 3-D seismic on the block indicates that the Jurassic thickens to the northwest of that well. Lundin Petroleum AB is also the operator of this project.
Gulf Shores Resources Ltd. is currently negotiating with a major international oil company to participate in an additional project as part of its continuous active exploration program in the North Sea and continues to review other North Sea exploration projects.
Operates 2 Offshore Rigs
- Output At Lundin's Grieg Field Back To Normal After Forties Outage (Dec 27)
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
- Lundin Board Proposes Malaysia, France, Netherlands Asset Spin Off (Feb 13)
Company: Challenger Minerals more info
- Ithaca Preps Stella Appraisal for Drill Stem Test (Mar 29)
- Challenger Minerals Takes Stake in Bentley Field (Mar 05)
- Lundin Strikes O&G at Torphins Prospect (Jul 21)
Company: Palace Exploration Company more info
- Revus Completes Acquisition of Palace Exploration for $258 Million (Feb 28)
- Revus Completes NOK 438 Million Private Placement (Dec 14)
- Revus Acquires Palace Exploration (Dec 05)
Company: Eternal Energy Corp. more info
- American Eagle Energy Seeks Bankruptcy After Oil Price Drop (May 11)
- Eternal Energy Updates Ops at ND Spyglass Proj. (Oct 03)
- Eternal Energy Completes Drilling Hardy Well Ahead of Schedule (Jun 08)
Company: Gulf Shores Resources more info
- Gulf Shores Reports Bakken Oil Discovery in Saskatchewan (Sep 01)
- Completion Ops Underway at Gulf Shores' Saskatchewan Well (Aug 25)
- Gulf Shores Starts Drilling Ops in Southeast Saskatchewan (Aug 19)
Company: Britcana Energy Limited more info
- Gulf Shores to Participate in Petro Canada North Sea Project (Oct 16)
- Operators Abandoned Lytham Well (Aug 17)
- Stratic Wins Four Blocks on UKCS (Feb 02)