Intec Engineering Named Certification Agent for Bass Lite Riser Project
Mariner Energy has appointed INTEC Engineering as Certified Verification Agent (CVA) for the Bass Lite Steel Catenary Riser (SCR) on the Devil's Tower Spar in Block MC 773 in the Gulf of Mexico. MMS requirements for certification and verification are newly promulgated and are contained in the Code of Federal Regulations, 30 CFR 250.909 through 918, and are clarified in Notices to Lessees and Operators.
INTEC Engineering's scope of work covers:
--Evaluation of the proposed SCR analysis and fracture mechanics methodologies to ensure compliance with Federal Regulations, relevant codes and standards, and current industry best practice.
--Design verification of the SCR and its components including line pipe, coating, anodes, strakes and Flex Joint. The SCR will be installed using the reel lay method by the installation vessel Deep Blue.
Verification that fabrication activities comply with all specified requirements and that all design constraints have been maintained. The Bass Lite SCR includes the following fabrications:
- Reeled pipeline 8-inch OD x 0.750 inch X65 x 7500 ft long
- Flex Joint (flex joint to pipe string weld performed by installation contractor)
--Verification of the installation of two pipe strings onto one reel, involving one onshore tie-in weld. The reel will then be deployed on the reel vessel Deep Blue which will recover the previously installed pipeline, weld the SCR to the pipeline, lay the SCR pipeline, attach the flex joint, and handover to a receptacle at 533 ft water depth on the Devil's Tower Spar.
"INTEC welcomes the award of this CVA responsibility as the industry initiates compliance with the new regulations in the U.S. Gulf of Mexico." says John Stearns, Vice President Marine Pipeline Systems.
- BOEMRE Deems Heater-Treater Cause of Vermilion Fire (May 25)
- Apache Releases Earnings Consideration Elections (Nov 15)
- Apache Finalizes $800MM Merger with Mariner (Nov 10)
Company: Intec Engineering more info
- INTEC, WorleyParsons Merge into New Subsea Services Company (Aug 07)
- Chevron Taps INTEC for Pre-FEED Work on GOM's Big Foot (Jul 23)
- WorleyParsons To Acquire INTEC Engineering From Heerema Group (Apr 01)