Positive News for Fletcher-1
Tap Oil announced today that the total depth for Fletcher-1 well has been reached and preliminary tests show positive presence of hydrocarbons. Located in the Carnarvon Basin offshore Western Australia, the well is 15 kilometers east of the Mutineer oil production facilities.
Drilled to a total depth of 3,000 meters, the Fletcher-1 well targeted oil in a large structural closure in Cretaceous-aged sandstones. Early results show that the well has encountered about 3 meters of net hydrocarbons in the primary objective reservoir section. Future plans are to run wire line logs, followed by a side track to determine further potential and hydrocarbon volumes. Current results are encouraging, and wire line logs will verify the presence and extent of a live oil column.
Tap Oil bought 8.2 percent of the exploration permit WA-191-P from Woodside Energy Ltd. in March of this year. The remaining joint venture partners for the exploration permit include operator Santos Limited at 33.4 percent, Kufpec Australia at 33.4 percent, Nippon Oil Exploration with 25 percent and Tap (Shelfal) Pty Ltd. with 8.25 percent.
- Santos Seen Luring More Bids After Rejecting $7.2 Billion Offer (Nov 16)
- Australia's Santos Steps Up Effort To Avert LNG Export Curb (Aug 30)
- Australia Plans LNG Export Limits to Help Ease Local Price Pain (Apr 27)
Company: Tap Oil more info
- Mubadala Completes Drilling MNA-17 Well in the Manora Field Off Thailand (Sep 16)
- Quadrant Fails to Find Hydrocarbons at Driftwood-1 Well in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 16)
- Quadrant Spuds Driftwood-1 Well in Permit WA-320-P in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 02)
Company: Nippon Oil Exploration more info
- Canadian Oil Sands Halts Syncrude Production After Fire, Prices Spike (Aug 31)
- Tap Updates Zola-1 Drilling in Carnarvon Basin (Dec 22)
- Iraq-Nippon Talks on Nassiriya Oil Field Deadlocked (Mar 01)
Company: Kuwait Foreign Petroleum Exploration Co. (KUFPEC) more info
- Shell Cancels Sale Of Thai Gas Field Stakes To Kuwait's KUFPEC (Oct 04)
- PETRONAS Awards SK410B PSC Offshore Malaysia to PTTEP-led JV (Jul 22)
- Chevron Signs Up Australia's Alinta To Buy Gas From Wheatstone (Apr 19)