FPSO Stybarrow Venture MV16 to Set Sail for Australia this Month
MODEC, BHP Billiton, and the Jurong Shipyard celebrated the Naming Ceremony of the FPSO Stybarrow Venture MV16 on Friday, August 10, 2007. MODEC is the vessel owner and operator, BHP Billiton holds the long term lease and Jurong is the shipyard responsible for integrating the topsides.
Mrs. Alison Smith, wife of Mr. Nigel Smith, President of Development, BHP Billiton Petroleum, served as the Lady Sponsor and formally named the vessel.
The new-build FPSO was finished in only 16 months. "This exceptional success is a result of the excellent teamwork and respect among BHP Billiton, MODEC and Jurong that was maintained throughout the project," said Kenji Yamada, President and CEO of MODEC, Inc.
The FPSO Stybarrow Venture MV16 will be located in permit WA-255-P (2) in the Exmouth Sub-basin, approximately 65 kilometers from Exmouth, off the northwest coast of Australia. The unit has a storage capacity of 900,000 barrels, a total liquid process capacity of 100,000 barrels per day, a crude production capacity of 80,000 barrels of oil per day, and gas production capacity of 45 million standard cubic feet per day.
The FPSO has an internal disconnectable turret which was provided by SOFEC. The disconnectable turret enables the vessel to evacuate if a cyclone were to develop in the area.
The FPSO will sail from the Jurong shipyard later this month and will be installed in approximately 825 meters water depth. First oil is planned in the first quarter calendar year 2008.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Private Oil Made a Big Find in Mexico. Now State Oil Wants a Cut (Oct 04)
- BHP Gearing Up to Start Drilling for Oil in Mexico's Deep Waters (Oct 02)
- BHP To Quit US Shale Business As Annual Profit Surges (Aug 22)
Company: Jurong Shipyard more info
- NADL, Jurong Shipyard Extend Standstill Agreement for West Rigel (Jun 08)
- Maersk Drilling Acquires Newbuild Jackup from Hercules Offshore for $190M (May 27)
- Sembcorp Marine Dismisses EIG's Allegations on Sete Brasil Investment (May 25)
Company: MODEC International more info
- Shell Extends MODEC's Contract for FPSO Fluminense to December 2020 (Sep 02)
- Keppel's BrasFELS Completes Project for MODEC's FPSO (Jun 29)
- McDermott Joins 14 Other Offshore Firms to Establish Industry Standards (May 19)