VAALCO Picks Up Stake in UK Block 9/28b
VAALCO Energy's subsidiary, VAALCO UK (North Sea) Limited, has executed an agreement whereby it will acquire through farm-in from Bow Valley Petroleum (UK) Limited a 25% working interest in the UK Offshore License P1285, Block 9/28b. The Block is located in the prolific South Viking Graben Area of the UK North Sea.
Under the terms of the agreement, VAALCO has agreed to contribute to the costs and expenses to drill and test an exploratory well to a depth of 13,000' to evaluate the Upper Jurassic Brae Sands, thereby earning a 25% working interest in the license. Bow Valley, the Operator, intends to commence drilling as soon as possible, which may be as early as fourth quarter 2007, if a suitable rig is available. The agreement is subject to final approval by the UK Department for Business, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform.
Mr. Robert L. Gerry, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, stated "We started evaluating UK North Sea projects last year, and are very pleased to make our first deal on this outstanding opportunity. We continue to evaluate other North Sea projects in order to build this into a core area for VAALCO."
- Dana Completes Acquisition of Bow Valley Energy (Apr 30)
- Shareholders OK Dana Petroleum's Acquisition of Bow Valley (Apr 09)
- Dana Petroleum Scoops Up Bow Valley, Additional North Sea Interests (Feb 16)
Company: VAALCO Energy, Inc. more info
- VAALCO Agrees to Acquire Sojitz's Stake in Etame Marin Permit Off Gabon (Aug 02)
- VAALCO Updates on Operations at Etame Marin Block Offshore Gabon (Oct 13)
- First Oil Flows from the North Tchibala Field Offshore Gabon (Sep 17)