Norsk Hydro Gets Go-Ahead to Use Njord A Facilities
Norsk Hydro Produksjon AS has been granted consent to use the newly installed production facilities for gas export on the Njord A facility and the pipeline tied in to the Asgard Transport gas pipeline system from Asgard to Karsto.
The development of Njord Gasseksport is part of Hydro's plan for further development and resource exploitation of the Njord field using existing infrastructure in the area.
Njord Gasseksport comprises the installation of a new 10" riser, installation of a new 12" gas pipeline and a new connection via Draugen PLEM (Pipeline End Module) to GasLED (Asgard pipeline).
Additional installations include a gas dehydration module, a regeneration plant for glycol, a gas metering station and a communication system for contact between Njord A and Gassco's control center at Bygnes.
Planned start-up for gas export from Njord is October 1, 2007.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Sentry Petroleum Appoints Former Norsk Hydro Analyst to Board of Directors (Dec 29)
- Hydro Under Investigation for Former Libya Oil Operations (Oct 07)
- SeaBird First Contract Award for SeaBed Operations (Apr 28)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)