Cairn Bids Places Bid in Phase 2 of Disko West Round
On the first day of phase 2 of the Disko West licensing round offshore West Greenland Cairn Energy PLC submitted applications for two of the remaining license blocks. The Bureau of Minerals and Petroleum has started processing the applications.
Applications in phase two will be processed in the order that they are received. Evaluation of applications in phase 2 will be based on the same criteria's as in phase 1.
The 2 phase of the Disko West Licensing Round opened formally August 1, 2007. Applications for the blocks (nos.1, 2, 3 and 8) can be submitted until February 1, 2008. Prior to this Husky Oil Operations Limited has been awarded the licenses blocks 5 and 7 of the first phase of the licensing round. Award of blocks 4 and 6 will be addressed at the next meeting of the Joint Committee on Mineral Resources in Greenland.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- India Plans Larger Oil Auctions as Modi Pursues Import Cuts (Sep 14)
- Cairn Energy: SNE-5 Appraisal Well Hits Oil, Gas (Mar 07)
- AkerBP, Cairn Energy Make Jefferies Top Pick List (Jan 09)
Company: Bureau of Minerals and Petroleum (Greenland) more info
- NPD Enters Framework Agreement with Greenland BMP (Jan 14)
- Faroe Prequalifies for Operatorship in Greenland Bidding Round (Nov 24)
- Cairn Bids Places Bid in Phase 2 of Disko West Round (Aug 03)