Tanjung Buys AHTS Vessel
Tanjung Offshore's subsidiary, Tanjung Kapal Services has entered into an agreement with Myships International Limited for the purchase of one Anchor Handling Tug & Supply vessel for a total consideration of approximately RM46,000,000.
The Vessel is approximately 60 meters in length with an engine capacity of 5,444 brake horse power (bhp). It will be used to support offshore drilling and platform facilities in the operational waters of the South East Asia region on a twenty-four hour basis.
The Vessel is also designed and built for multi-purpose roles as follows:
- Towing of drilling rigs;
- Transport fresh water, diesel oil, bulk cement, barite, liquid mud, base oil, brine, drill water, deck cargo, materials and equipment;
- Straight supply and towage duties;
- Move workers and materials between oil and gas platforms and shores; and
- Evacuate casualties in the event of emergencies.
The Vessel which will be named, MV Tanjung Dawai, is currently undergoing its final stages of construction. TKS is expected to take delivery of the Vessel by the end of October 2007 and thereafter it is expected to be chartered to the oil majors operating in Malaysian waters.
- Malaysia's Tanjung Offshore Diversifies into Education, Training (May 31)
- Malaysia's Gas Generators Bags a $4.4M Contract from PTS Resources (May 13)
- TOS, Jereh Collaborate to Offer Products, Services for Malaysia O&G Market (Sep 16)