Technip and NPCC Awarded EPC Contract
Technip, jointly with the National Petroleum Construction Company (NPCC), has been awarded by Abu Dhabi Marine Operating Company (ADMA-OPCO) an engineering, procurement and construction contract for the Zakum gas processing facilities offshore Abu Dhabi. Technip will have a 35% share of this contract, which is worth approximately USD 370 million.
Technip's operations and engineering center in Abu Dhabi will execute the contract, covering project management and engineering whereas the procurement activities will be executed jointly with NPCC. All fabrication and offshore installation will be carried out by NPCC.
The project consists of installing gas processing and compression facilities to increase the production capacity of the Zakum field, while maintaining the reservoir pressure. The new gas compression platform will be connected to the existing lower Zakum platform by a bridge. It will have two gas turbine driven centrifugal compression trains, a triethylene glycol dehydration unit, an air cooling unit and a vapor recovery system.
The facilities are scheduled to be operational in January 2010.
With a workforce of 22,000 people, Technip ranks among the top five corporations in the field of oil, gas and petrochemical engineering, construction and services. Headquartered in Paris, the Group is listed in New York and Paris.
The Group's main operations and engineering centers and business units are located in France, Italy, Germany, the UK, Norway, Finland, the Netherlands, the USA, Brazil, Abu-Dhabi, China, India, Malaysia and Australia.
In support of its activities, the Group manufactures flexible pipes and umbilicals, and builds offshore platforms in its manufacturing plants and fabrication yards in France, Brazil, the UK, the USA, Finland and Angola, and has a fleet of specialized vessels for pipeline installation and subsea construction.
- Sasol Plans More Hiring for Louisiana Project (Oct 12)
- Bapco To Meet Technip-Led Consortium For Talks On Refinery Expansion (Aug 22)
- Fluor Wins Malaysia Isononanol Plant Contract (Aug 07)
Company: National Petroleum Construction Company (NPCC) more info
- Unique System Bags Deal to Support NPCC's Projects in ME, South Asia (Jan 16)
- Technip-NPCC Consortium Wins $1.69B EPC Deal for Umm Lulu Field (Aug 29)
- UAE-France JV Win $1.6B Oil Field Project in Abu Dhabi (Aug 27)
Company: Abu Dhabi Marine Operating Co. more info
- AMEC Bags $124M Deal for PMC Services for the Umm Lulu Project (Dec 06)
- Technip Scores Flare Modification Contract Offshore UAE (May 23)
- AMEC Scores PMC Work Offshore UAE (Mar 02)