Totem-1 Spudded in the Carnarvon Basin
Tap Oil reports that the Totem-1 well spud on July 26, 2007. The well is located in exploration permit WA-191-P, approximately 4 kilometers northeast of the Amulet oil discovery. Totem-1 should reached its programmed total depth of approximately 2,000 meters in about eight days.
The Totem-1 well is targeting oil in a closure at the Calypso/Legendre Formation similar in style to the nearby Amulet oil field discovered late last year.
Partners in Totem-1 are Santos as operator with 33.4%; Tap (Shelfal) Pty Ltd. With 23.2%; Kufpec with 33.4% and Nippon Oil Exploration (Dampier) Pty Ltd. with the remaining 10%.
- Santos Seen Luring More Bids After Rejecting $7.2 Billion Offer (Nov 16)
- Australia's Santos Steps Up Effort To Avert LNG Export Curb (Aug 30)
- Australia Plans LNG Export Limits to Help Ease Local Price Pain (Apr 27)
Company: Tap Oil more info
- Mubadala Completes Drilling MNA-17 Well in the Manora Field Off Thailand (Sep 16)
- Quadrant Fails to Find Hydrocarbons at Driftwood-1 Well in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 16)
- Quadrant Spuds Driftwood-1 Well in Permit WA-320-P in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 02)
Company: Nippon Oil Exploration more info
- Canadian Oil Sands Halts Syncrude Production After Fire, Prices Spike (Aug 31)
- Tap Updates Zola-1 Drilling in Carnarvon Basin (Dec 22)
- Iraq-Nippon Talks on Nassiriya Oil Field Deadlocked (Mar 01)
Company: Kuwait Foreign Petroleum Exploration Co. (KUFPEC) more info
- Shell Cancels Sale Of Thai Gas Field Stakes To Kuwait's KUFPEC (Oct 04)
- PETRONAS Awards SK410B PSC Offshore Malaysia to PTTEP-led JV (Jul 22)
- Chevron Signs Up Australia's Alinta To Buy Gas From Wheatstone (Apr 19)