Exec: Camisea Reserves Increase Expected Year-End
Confirmation of a reserves increase for blocks 88 and 56 of Peru's Camisea gas project is expected at year-end, according to Norberto Benito, general manager of Argentine company Pluspetrol's local subsidiary.
Pluspetrol is part of Consorcio Camisea and owns the project's gas extraction component. Peruvian firms TGP and Calidda hold the respective transport and distribution components.
Pluspetrol has completed drilling three wells at block 56 that cost US$90mn and has begun drilling a fourth, with a total of six to be drilled by year-end, Peru's state news agency Andina quoted Benito as saying.
Partial block 56 production would begin in March next year, said Benito, adding increased output would help reduce LPG imports.
Pluspetrol has spoken to 10 companies, including Peru's state oil company Petroperu and Brazil's federal energy company Petrobras (NYSE: PBR), which are interested in buying gas to develop petrochemical projects in Peru, the executive said.
Peru's liquid hydrocarbons production rose 0.48% in the first half of this year to 20.6Mb compared to 1H06. The bulk of June's liquid and gas output came from block 88 with 36,553b/d and 193Mf3/d (5.47Mm3/d) respectively.
"In both blocks, there would be more than 11Tf3," according to Benito.
Visit BNamericas to access our real-time news reports, 10-year archive, Fact File company database, and latest research reports. Click here for a Free two week trial to our Latin America Oil & Gas information service.
Operates 34 Offshore Rigs
Manages 10 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, Petrobras Form Alliance To Develop Oil, Gas Projects (Dec 14)
- Natural Gas In Petrobras Pipelines Up About 23% In 2017 (Dec 05)
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
Company: Pluspetrol more info
- Government: Bids on Peru's Biggest Oil Block to Start in April (Mar 06)
- Pluspetrol Interested in Bidding on Peru's Biggest Oil Block (Feb 11)
- Argentina's Pluspetrol to Buy Apco Oil and Gas for $427 Million (Oct 03)
Company: Petroperu more info
- Company: Explosion At Petroperu Crude Oil Tank Kills Two Workers (Dec 06)
- Peru Crude Oil Pipeline Resumes Operation After Year Of Spills (Sep 26)
- Peru To Issue Up To $3B In Bonds To Finance State-Run Oil Firm (Apr 18)