Development Plans Underway for Wei-6-12 South Discovery
Petsec Energy, one of the joint venture partners in the Beibu Gulf Wei-6-12 South oil discovery says that the joint venture is proceeding with front end engineering and design studies (FEED) and an overall development plan (ODP) for the 6-12/ 6-12 South oil fields for submission to Chinese authorities.
The joint venture, which is led by Roc Oil, expects to make a final investment decision late in 2007 and commence development early in 2008.
The 6-12 South oil discovery was made in mid 2006. A feasibility study for the development of this discovery and the adjacent 6-12 oil field was completed in the first quarter of 2007. Gross recoverable oil is estimated at 19 to 37 million barrels of oil in the 6-12/6-12 South area.
A drilling program of four firm wells plus two optional wells is scheduled to commence in the fourth quarter of 2007 to test potential of 40 to 60 million barrels of oil (gross) in the area close to the 6-12 South oil discovery.
- Santos Names Roc Oil CEO Anthony Neilson as CFO to Replace Andrew Seaton (Sep 19)
- SapuraKencana Clinches $72M of Work in Malaysia, India & Cote d'Ivoire (Dec 08)
- Faroe Completes Roc Oil Acquisition (Nov 06)
Company: Petsec Energy more info
- Petsec Energy Reports Higher Reserves at An Nagyah Oilfield in Yemen (Mar 15)
- Petsec Energy Acquires 100% Stake in Damis Production License (Feb 05)
- Petsec Energy Completes Acquisition of 29.75% Stake in Yemen's Block 7 (Oct 01)