GAIL and ONGC Form Gas Joint Venture
Gail India Ltd and ONGC have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for to form a joint venture. The MoU was signed by Shri. A K Purwaha, Director (Business Development), GAIL and Dr. A K Balyan, Director (HR and BD), ONGC in the presense of Shri. R S Sharma, CMD, ONGC, Dr. U D Choubey, CMD, GAIL, Directors of GAIL and other senior officials of GAIL and ONGC.
Under the MoU, the two companies have agreed to come together through a joint venture approach for monetizing the gas reserves discovered by ONGC in KG and Mahanadi basins. The Joint Venture approach will enable production, processing, transportation, distribution and marketing of gas from new sources to identified markets. The JV will synergize the respective production, transportation and distribution strengths of ONGC and GAIL.
The two companies will set up a joint working group (JWG) to work out a suitable action plan and for implementing the same.
ONGC has discovered huge gas reserves in the KG and Mahandi basins on the east coast of India.
GAIL is a leading natural gas transportation company with over 6100 km of natural gas pipelines in the country.
Operates 42 Offshore Rigs
Manages 8 Offshore Rigs
- Venezuela's PDVSA To Tap Oil Customers To Pay $449MM To ONGC (Nov 15)
- Sources: India ONGC Strikes 'Good' Offshore Oil, Gas Find (Sep 20)
- India To Acquire Seismic Data Of 48,000 Line kms To Boost Oil, Gas Output (Sep 12)
Company: Gas Authority India Ltd. (GAIL) more info
- Dominion Energy Denies LNG Contract Renegotiations (Dec 19)
- India Seeks to Rework More LNG Contracts Amid Surplus, GAIL Says (Oct 04)
- LNG Price Row Between India, US Crimps Trump's Export Aims (Jun 30)