KBR's MWKL Awarded Engineering Contract by Statoil
KBR's subsidiary, M.W. Kellogg Limited (MWKL), has been awarded an engineering contract by Statoil on behalf of Gassco and Gassled. MWKL will be responsible for the upgrading and development of the Statoil gas treatment facility at Karsto located north of Stavanger, Norway. Karsto is a hub for gas production to 30 large and small fields in the North Sea and the Norwegian Sea. The contract has a value of approximately USD $175 million.
MWKL was the main contractor on three previous major upgrading and expansion projects at the Karsto facility. In addition to detail engineering, the contract calls for procurement assistance and construction assistance. This award is a result of MWKL's successful completion of the Pre-Engineering Front End Engineering and Design (FEED). The project is expected to be completed by 2012, with upgrading work beginning in the Fall of 2008. A maximum workforce of 500 personnel will be required for the project.
MWKL has also sub-contracted the civil engineering detail design to Norconsult, based in Oslo, Norway and significant elements of the instrument upgrade to Sorco, based in Stavanger, Norway, for this phase of the project.
"We are truly delighted to be awarded another major contract by Statoil at the Karsto facility," said John Quinn, chief executive officer of M.W. Kellogg Limited. "We have been working with Statoil on the large gas and NGL processing plant at Karsto for a quarter of a century. The latest award is further evidence of our ability to design and construct major processing plants on schedule and with an exemplary health, safety, and environmental record. Having already completed one major revamp at Karsto we look forward to performing work on this even more complex project."
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
- Statoil Greenlights $6B Flagship Arctic Oil Project (Dec 05)
- Partners to Invest in New Gas Module at Troll C Platform (Nov 07)
Company: Gassco more info
- Gassco: Norway's 2017 Gas Output At Least The Same As 2016 (Jun 07)
- IKM Ocean Design Wins Johan Sverdrup Contract (Sep 14)
- Norway's Offshore Knarr Field to Deliver Gas to Britain (Mar 02)
Company: KBR more info
- Australia's CIMIC Sues Chevron Over $1.4B Gorgon LNG Construction Dispute (Aug 22)
- Australia's UGL Faces More Provisions On Work For Ichthys LNG (Jun 06)
- Oil-Sands Slump Doesn't Feel So Bad for Canada Maintenance Crews (Jan 14)