Fletcher-1 Exploration Well Expected to Spud Soon
Tap Oil says prepartions are underway to spud the Fletcher-1 exploration well in permit WA-191-P offshore Australia in the Carnarvon Basin. The well is located 15 kilometers east of the Mutineer oil production facilities.
The Songa Mercur semisub has been anchored on location and is preparing to commence drilling operations this weekend.
Fletcher-1 will be drilled to a total depth of approximately 3,000 meters measured depth. The well is expected to reach total depth in 13 days. Fletcher-1 is targeting oil in a large structural closure in Cretaceous aged sandstones.
WA-191-P Joint venture participants are Santos Limited as operator with 33.4%; Tap (Shelfal) Pty Ltd with 8.2%; Kufpec Australia with 33.4%; and Nippon Oil Exploration with the remaining 25%.
- Santos Seen Luring More Bids After Rejecting $7.2 Billion Offer (Nov 16)
- Australia's Santos Steps Up Effort To Avert LNG Export Curb (Aug 30)
- Australia Plans LNG Export Limits to Help Ease Local Price Pain (Apr 27)
Company: Tap Oil more info
- Mubadala Completes Drilling MNA-17 Well in the Manora Field Off Thailand (Sep 16)
- Quadrant Fails to Find Hydrocarbons at Driftwood-1 Well in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 16)
- Quadrant Spuds Driftwood-1 Well in Permit WA-320-P in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 02)
Company: Nippon Oil Exploration more info
- Canadian Oil Sands Halts Syncrude Production After Fire, Prices Spike (Aug 31)
- Tap Updates Zola-1 Drilling in Carnarvon Basin (Dec 22)
- Iraq-Nippon Talks on Nassiriya Oil Field Deadlocked (Mar 01)
Company: Kuwait Foreign Petroleum Exploration Co. (KUFPEC) more info
- Shell Cancels Sale Of Thai Gas Field Stakes To Kuwait's KUFPEC (Oct 04)
- PETRONAS Awards SK410B PSC Offshore Malaysia to PTTEP-led JV (Jul 22)
- Chevron Signs Up Australia's Alinta To Buy Gas From Wheatstone (Apr 19)