Global Industries Wins Work Offshore Saudi Arabia
Global Industries' subsidiary, Global Al Rushaid Offshore Company, Ltd. has signed a contract with Saudi Aramco for the Berri Water Injection and Qatif Crude Offshore Pipelines Projects.
The work will be performed in the Qatif and Berri Fields off the Eastern coast of Saudi Arabia. The project consists of installation of water injection pipelines and crude oil flowlines ranging in diameter from 12" to 30", two shore approaches and numerous lateral pipelines including subsea valve skids. Global will fabricate and install the subsea manifolds, and the Global DLB 332 with diving support spread will install the pipelines, risers, tie-in and pre-commissioning work. Offshore installation is scheduled to begin in September 2007 and the project will continue into the later part of 2008.
B.K. Chin, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, stated: "This project award represents a significant step for Global as we position ourselves as a major player in the Middle East, a crucial oil and gas market. We look forward to working for Saudi Aramco on this project and many more in the future."
- Global Industries Scores 'Who Dat' Project Development in GOM (Mar 23)
- Global Industries Secures Multiple McMoRan Decommissioning Projects in GOM (Mar 07)
- Pemex Awards $125MM for Pipeline Work in GOM (Jun 01)
Company: Saudi Aramco more info
Operates 44 Offshore Rigs
- Initial Negotiations with Saudi's Aramco to Refine Oil in Egypt - Oil Mnstr (Nov 14)
- RIA: Moscow, Riyadh Agree To Explore Aramco Taking Part In Novatek Project (Nov 13)
- Aramco Expects To Boost Capital Spending By About 10% (Nov 09)