Karoon Hires Rig for Browse Basin Work
Karoon has hired the Sedco 703 semisub for its upcoming drilling program in the Browse Basin leases situated offshore Western Australia, WA-314-P, WAP-315-P and WA-398–P held by Karoon with its joint venture partner ConocoPhillips.
The drilling contract is for 200 - 225 days. Drilling is expected to start in the third quarter of 2008.
The drilling of 3 wells will satisfy the current year work program commitments for each of the permits, which have been recently extended. The Year 3 drilling work commitments for WA-314-P and WA-315-P (i.e. the drilling of one well in each permit) have been extended for a period of 12 months and are now required to be completed by February 11, 2009. The Year 1 drilling work commitment for WA-398-P (i.e. the drilling of one well) has also been extended for a period of 12 months and is now required to be completed by April 30, 2009.
ConocoPhilips will be funding 80% of the drilling and testing costs for 2 exploration wells in WA-314-P and WA-315-P and 60% of the drilling and testing costs for one exploration well in Permit WA-398-P. Karoon will be funding the balance of the drilling
and testing costs in each case. The permits are immediately on trend with the giant Scott Reef/Brecknock gas fields which are currently being appraised for development.
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- ConocoPhillips Vows Financial Discipline As Aims To Boost Output (Nov 08)
- ConocoPhillips' Profit Beats Estimates, But Budget Cut 10% (Oct 26)
- Most US Gulf Oil Output Offline Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 06)
Company: Karoon Gas Australia Ltd. more info
- Karoon Buys PEPC's 35% Stake in 4 Santos Basin Blocks in Brazil for $20.5M (Sep 28)
- PEPC Makes Overdue Payment to Karoon for Brazil's Santos Basin Blocks (Jun 16)
- Karoon Issues Default Notice to Santos Basin Block Partner PEPC (Jun 15)