Exxon to Drill Two Appraisal Wells in Banyu Urip
ExxonMobil Oil Indonesia and Pertamina plan to drill in Banyu Urip field in Cepu this month. The drillng of two appraisal wells will verify the oil reserves in the field, ExxonMobil Oil Indonesia's Vice President for Commercial & Planning Maman Budiman said in Jakarta earlier this week.
"We will drill two appraisal wells in Banyu Urip this month," Maman Budiman said. He added that the partners continue clearing lands in Cepu to accelerate production from the block.
Cepu block is estimated to hold 600 million barrels of oil and 1.7 TCF of gas. Banyu Urip is estimated to hold 250 million barrels of oil.
Operates 16 Offshore Rigs
- ExxonMobil Reports Papua New Guinea Discovery (Jan 16)
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
- ExxonMobil Reports More Offshore Guyana Success (Jan 05)
Company: Pertamina more info
- Pertamina Signs JV Deal With Russia's Rosneft For New Tuban Refinery (Nov 28)
- Indonesia's Pertamina To Spend $700MM On Mahakam Oil, Gas Block Next Year (Nov 02)
- Pertamina: Indonesia To Become LNG Importer In 2020 As Population Grows (Oct 25)