Technip to Install Umbilicals for Mariner's Bass Lite Field
Mariner Energy has awarded Technip a contract for an electrohydraulic control umbilicals for the Bass Lite field development in the Gulf of Mexico. This contract follows the pipeline contract awarded to Technip in 2006 for the same field.
This new contract includes engineering and installation of three steel umbilical sections, approximately 19 miles long each, and installation of the hydraulic, electrical and optical connecting lines for the control of the subsea system.
The umbilical and the associated connecting lines will tie-back the two Bass Lite subsea wells, at a water depth of 6,750 feet in Atwater Valley 426, to the Devils Tower Spar moored in 5,600 feet of water.
Technip's operations and engineering center in Houston will execute the contract. Umbilical sections will be loaded out onto the Apache, one of Technip's
pipelay vessels, for offshore installation in the fourth quarter of 2007.
- BOEMRE Deems Heater-Treater Cause of Vermilion Fire (May 25)
- Apache Releases Earnings Consideration Elections (Nov 15)
- Apache Finalizes $800MM Merger with Mariner (Nov 10)
Company: TechnipFMC plc more info
- GOM Subsea Contract Goes to TechnipFMC (Jan 09)
- Chevron Wellhead Deal Goes to TechnipFMC (Nov 14)
- Technip Wins Contract for Louisiana LNG Proposal (Oct 15)