Kimu Field Seismic Survey Underway
Cue says that line preparation for seismic acquisition over the Kimu gas field in PRL-08, Papua New Guinea has commenced.
The Kimu area survey is part of a larger 2007 Guavi River Seismic campaign embracing PRL-08 and adjacent acreage. It consists of six seismic traverses totaling 71Km and is designed to provide a high quality modern seismic grid over the Kimu structure from which to advance the understanding of potential recoverable gas volumes.
Kimu has been assessed, to date, to have the potential to contain around 905 billion cubic feet of recoverable gas, with Cue's share being approximately 97 billion cubic feet in a most likely case.
Kimu is located approximately 60km west of the Barikewa gas field and 50km SW of the SE Gobe oil field.
Participants in PRL-08 are Oil Search as operator with 60.715; Mosaic Oil with 28.57% and Cue PNG Oil Company with 10.72%.
- Papua New Guinea Government To Sell Stake In Oil Search (Sep 21)
- Oil Search Profit Soars, Focus On Advancing PNG Gas Projects (Aug 22)
- Oil Search Q3 Revenue Beats Forecasts (Oct 18)
Company: Mosaic Oil more info
- O&G Exploration Bonanza: 9 Offshore Taranaki Permits Awarded (Sep 24)
- Mosaic, Vicpet Shake on Queensland Farm-In Programs (Jun 12)
- Hurricane Classified as a New Field Oil & Gas Discovery (Jul 23)
Company: Cue Energy Resources more info
- Sampang JV Approves Project to Extend Field Life by 2 Years to 2020 (Sep 22)
- SKK Migas Extends Exploration Period for East Kalimantan's Mahakam PSC (May 04)
- NOPTA Approves Cue's WA-359-P Work Program Suspension, Extends Permit Term (Apr 14)