PDVSA, Belarus Expand Joint Operations
Venezuela's state oil company PDVSA and Belarus are continuing to expand relations, with delegations from both countries meeting this week to define areas of strategic interest, PDVSA said in a statement.
Belarus state oil company Belarusneft will work on certifying reserves on the Junin 1 block in Venezuela's Orinoco heavy crude belt and also is evaluating the possibility of operating five or six mature fields in the area, PDVSA said in the statement.
PDVSA is working with a number of foreign companies in the Orinoco Magna Reserve project seeking to certify 260Bb in retrievable oil spread over two dozen blocks in the Orinoco belt.
PDVSA and Belarusneft recently created a JV named Seismovenbel to conduct seismic exploration in Venezuela, BNamericas previously reported.
Meanwhile, plans to build 1,000km of pipeline for the domestic transport of natural gas in Venezuela are advancing and construction teams have been established for the project.
PDVSA is working with Belarusan firms Beltopgas and Belgiprogas on the pipeline project.
Visit BNamericas to access our real-time news reports, 10-year archive, Fact File company database, and latest research reports. Click here for a Free two week trial to our Latin America Oil & Gas information service.
Operates 14 Offshore Rigs
Manages 26 Offshore Rigs
- Citgo Petroleum Slows Aruba Refinery Revamp Due To US Sanctions (Feb 21)
- Catalytic Cracker At PDVSA's Curacao Refinery Halted After Fire (Feb 16)
- Algeria Sends More Oil To Cuba As Venezuelan Supplies Fall (Jan 10)
Company: Belarusneft more info
- PDVSA and Belarusneft Tap 26.5 Billion bbl of Crude Oil in Junin (Dec 26)
- Venezuela, Belarusneft Increase Oil Potential (Dec 26)
- PDVSA, Belarus Expand Joint Operations (Jul 12)