Chevron Taps Wavefield Inseis for Faroe Shetland Basin Survey
Wavefield Inseis has been selected by Chevron to carry out a new long offset 2D seismic survey in the Faroe-Shetland Basin. The survey will be acquired by the Wavefield Inseis vessel, Malene Ostervold, and forms part of the previously announced backlog for the vessel.
The project, due to be completed by August this year, will be acquired with a 10,000m seismic streamer towed at a depth of 23 meters. The deep towed source and streamer parameters have been designed to optimize low frequency signal.
Commenting on the survey, Wavefield Inseis' vice president marketing and sales, Rick Donoghue stated, "This is the first time we have worked with Chevron and we are delighted to add them to our growing client list. The survey will utilize our recently converted Malene Ostervold vessel, and we look forward to a successful project."
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
- Angola LNG Production Setback Prompts Tender Cancellation (Jan 08)
- ExxonMobil Jumping in to Mexico Fuel Market With First US Cargo (Dec 06)
Company: Wavefield Inseis AS more info
- CGGVeritas Sets the Date for Acquisition of Wavefield Inseis (Feb 04)
- CGGVeritas' Settlement for Wavefield's Shares Expected to Close Tomorrow (Feb 03)
- CGGVeritas Closes Mandatory Offer for All Wavefield Shares (Jan 28)