Statoil to Use the Ocean Vanguard to Drill Exploration Well 6608/8-2
Statoil has received consent from the Petroleum Safety Authority Norway to conduct exploration drilling at well 6608/8-2 using the Ocean Vanguard.
Well 6608/8-2 is located approximately 33 kilometers northeast of Norne in 337 meters of water.
The plan is to commence drilling as soon as the Ocean Vanguard has concluded drilling a production well on Glitne. The estimated start-up date for drilling well 6608/8-2 is early August 2007.
The Ocean Vanguard received an Acknowledgement of Compliance (AoC) in July 2004.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
- Statoil Greenlights $6B Flagship Arctic Oil Project (Dec 05)
- Partners to Invest in New Gas Module at Troll C Platform (Nov 07)
Company: Diamond Offshore more info
Manages 19 Offshore Rigs
- New Contracts Drive Diamond Offshore's Profit Beat; Shares Rise (Oct 30)
- Diamond Offshore's Profit Beats Estimates On Lower Costs (May 01)
- Offshore Drillers Still Seeking Recovery Enjoyed by Shale (Feb 07)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)