Vermilion Energy Trust Takes Stake in Verenex
Vermilion Resources has agreed to purchase 2.1 million shares in Verenex Energy Inc. for total consideration of CDN $30 million as part of a CDN $100 million bought-deal financing announced by Verenex July 9, 2007.
Verenex announced an agreement to sell, on a bought-deal basis, 6.9 million common shares at $14.50 per share for gross proceeds of CDN $100 million to a syndicate of underwriters. Verenex has granted the underwriters an over-allotment option to purchase an additional 1.035 million shares.
Vermilion is a significant shareholder of Verenex and, following completion of the financing, its ownership position will be 18.4 million shares representing between 41.8% and 42.8%, depending upon the exercise of the over-allotment option. Vermilion's cost base for all of the shares owned by Vermilion in Verenex will be approximately $55 million with a fair market value of $266 million based on the issue price of $14.50 per share.
- Vermilion Energy Enters Farm-in Agreement in Germany (Jul 28)
- Parkmead Finds New Gas Field in Netherlands (Sep 24)
- Northern Petroleum Sells Dutch Assets (Oct 01)
Company: Verenex Energy more info
- Marathon Struggles to Exit Libya as Unrest Grows (Oct 25)
- Verenex Completes Arrangement with Libyan Investment Authority (Dec 21)
- Verenex Updates on Acquisition Status (Dec 15)