DONG Gets Green Light to Use Maersk Guardian in Southern North Sea
Dong E&P Norge AS has received consent to conduct exploration drilling at well 1/3-10 with the Maersk Guardian.
Well 1/3-10 is part of production license 274 and is located approximately 260 km southwest of Stavanger. The water depth at the site is approximately 72 meters.
The Maersk Guardian is operated by Maersk Contractors. The facility received an Acknowledgement of Compliance (AoC) on November 1, 2002.
According to the application for consent, DONG will start drilling in August or September 2007.
- European Oil Majors Seek To Harness US Offshore Wind (Aug 01)
- Billionaire Ratcliffe Hunts Oil to Repeat Chemicals Empire Build (May 24)
- NPD Grants Consent for the Expansion of Nyhamna Gas Plant (Feb 10)
Company: Maersk Drilling more info
Operates 5 Offshore Rigs
Manages 23 Offshore Rigs
- Maersk Drilling Lays Off Dozens in GOM (Jan 23)
- Maersk to Limit Investment in Energy Businesses until Separation (Dec 13)
- Maersk Oil Begins Culzean Drilling Campaign (Sep 29)