PSA Gives Consent for Ekofisk Exploration Drilling
ConocoPhillips Skandinavia AS (ConocoPhillips) has received consent to drill exploration well 2/4-20 North Ekofisk with the Maersk Gallant.
North Ekofisk is located in 67 meters of water, 6 kilometers northwest of the Ekofisk Complex, and approximately 263 km southwest of Egersund in Rogaland. The well is located in production license 018. The drilling will last for approximately 195 days.
The Maersk Gallant is operated by Maersk Contractors Norge A/S. The facility received its Acknowledgement of Compliance (AoC) in August 2002.
Operates 5 Offshore Rigs
Manages 23 Offshore Rigs
- Maersk to Limit Investment in Energy Businesses until Separation (Dec 13)
- Maersk Oil Begins Culzean Drilling Campaign (Sep 29)
- Maersk Highlander Ready for Action (Aug 19)
Company: ConocoPhillips more info
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- ConocoPhillips Vows Financial Discipline As Aims To Boost Output (Nov 08)
- ConocoPhillips' Profit Beats Estimates, But Budget Cut 10% (Oct 26)
- Most US Gulf Oil Output Offline Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 06)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)