Aker Kvaerner to Supply Umbilicals for Vega and Troll 02 Developments
Aker Kvaerner has signed a contract with Subsea 7 Norway for the manufacturing and supply of steel tube umbilicals for Norsk Hydro's Vega and Troll O2 developments in the North Sea. The contract, worth NOK 434 million, is one of Aker Kvaerner's largest stand-alone umbilical contracts to date.
Aker Kvaerner Subsea will deliver approximately 60 kilometers of static and dynamic umbilicals to Subsea 7 for their developments at Norsk Hydro's Vega and Troll 02 fields. Umbilicals for the Troll O2 project represents NOK 33 million of the total contract value.
"This order further confirms our position as the leading supplier of steel tube umbilicals worldwide," says Raymond Carlsen, executive vice president, Aker Kvaerner Subsea. "It shows yet again that we are capable of serving customers that require large volumes. We are of course delighted and proud to secure a contract of this size".
Work on the umbilicals will commence immediately. They will be manufactured at Aker Kvaerner Subsea's facility in Moss, Norway. Delivery is scheduled for April 2009.
- Kvaerner Sees Rising Revenues, Better Margins in 4Q (Feb 14)
- Reliance Fires Up Gas Production from India's KG-D6 Block (Apr 02)
- Sonardyne Snags Life-of-Field Contract for Petrobras' Cascade, Chinook (Feb 18)
Company: Subsea 7 more info
- Subsea 7 Shares Surge On Special Dividend, Q4 Earnings Beat (Mar 02)
- Subsea 7 Takes Delivery of New Vessels (Feb 02)
- Report: Oil, Gas Companies in Aberdeen Face Tax 'Bombshell' (Dec 19)