Pertamina to Apply EOR Technology
PT Pertamina EP will start applying Enhanced Oil Recovery technology in nine fields this year, based on approvals from BPMIGAS, Pertamina President Director Ari Soemarno said in a presentation to the Commission VII in parliament on last week.
The nine fields are Rantau (water flooding), Kenali Asam (water flooding), Talang Jimar (water flooding), Limau Q-51 (chemical flooding), Kawengan (water flooding), Nglobo (water flooding), Bunyu (water flooding), Sangatta (water flooding) and Tanjung (water flooding).
Pertamina plans to hold studies on the fields this year and conduct a pilot project in 2008 to confirm their results.
Ari said that the EOR project is a long term one, which requires significant investment at the beginning and takes time to reach optimum results.
"Initial studies show that the application of EOR technology like water flooding and chemical flooding is done because 85% of the fields have matured and the cumulative oil production from the areas has reached more than 80% of primary recovery," Ari said.
- Pertamina Signs JV Deal With Russia's Rosneft For New Tuban Refinery (Nov 28)
- Indonesia's Pertamina To Spend $700MM On Mahakam Oil, Gas Block Next Year (Nov 02)
- Pertamina: Indonesia To Become LNG Importer In 2020 As Population Grows (Oct 25)
Company: BP Migas more info
- Indonesia Greenlights BP's $12.1B LNG Proj. at Tangguh (Nov 02)
- Gas Deliveries from Ruby Field Offshore Indonesia to Start Late September (Sep 07)
- Indonesian Regulator Approves 12 O&G Development Plans (Aug 13)